Recent Posts

10.31.2007

The Mystery about Plying Your Trade...


Jefferson Lee approached Carson Dawlpatt and said, "I have reason to believe you are the man responsible for the holdup at the 'Eats and Feats Cafe' two hours ago. You fit the description given by several key witnesses. They described a man who had been drinking heavily before robbing several customers and fleeing the scene." "Of course I'm drunk. I happen to be professional wine taster and I've been plying my trade for the last five hours." Jefferson studied Carson and questioned "What time is it now?" Carson replied "It happens to be 7:30 p.m." Jefferson continued, "Tell me then, approximately what time did you start working?" Carson looked at his watch and replied, "2:30 p.m." "You're obviously lying," accused Jefferson. Why?