Recent Posts

12.18.2009

I know there's a lot of talk these days of trying to harness the already eager energies of social media enabled content for learning. The discussion forum on a computer is, at best, ok. It is still so hard for students/humans to be motivated to contribute

I know there's a lot of talk these days of trying to harness the already eager energies of social media enabled content for learning. The discussion forum on a computer is, at best, ok. It is still so hard for students/humans to be motivated to contribute to a virtual forum. Yet, after class (and yes, during class) they are feverishly updating their Facebook/Twitter/IM accounts. Most teachers I know still feel more comfortable using email. Students text. Is it the target/audience that drives sustains these energies? Perhaps it it is not even the technology that is the barrier? Perhaps it is the relationships that drive it all? I have made it a goal this year to 'have a conversation with my students'. I want to take more of a role of a listener. Then, why even invest so much into all this tech?


Roger

Posted via email from teacher's lore